How much will it cost my business?
We run a variety of cohorts as a not-for-profit company, cohorts for individuals from organisations, partnered cohorts with local organisations, and in house programmes for your organisation. All we ask for is you to release your leader to attend the 7 day long workshops over a year and time to connect with their charity to raise at least £500 and work on a project to support their sustainability.
How much of my time will I have to commit?
You won’t need to commit anything other than your Fellow’s time – though as with all development we would suggest you check in with the Fellow on a regular basis to see how they are doing, how they can apply their learning in the workplace and how you can support them in doing that. All we ask is that you allow any Fellows you have put on the programme the time and space to engage fully and attend the workshops.
What’s in it for me/us?
- ILM certified award winning leadership development for your colleague(s)
- The potential for your Fellow to pick up new business leads as a result of networking with peers on the programme and the charities
- The programme is designed to ensure that your Fellow can apply their learning back into your organisation
- The opportunity to fulfil some of your company’s CSR objectives
Can any business take part?
This programme is suited to middle managers with people and budgetary responsibilities and who want to move into more senior leadership roles. However, we have taken on high-potential junior leaders as well as more experienced senior leaders who wish to challenge their assumptions about how to lead and refresh their skills. There is no restriction on the type of businesses who can take part. We do select people for the Fellowship as places are limited using the above criteria, but if in doubt, please contact us.
What prompted The Red Thread Partnership to run this programme?
Our world seems ever more volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous – and this brings daunting challenges for leaders and can create fear and anxiety in communities. We believe the best way to respond to these challenges is to develop leaders who take an interest in the world around them, who invest in building their local communities, and who have the skills and aptitudes required to deliver sustained organisational success. We’ve always been involved with supporting charities and this was a way of bringing leaders and charities together to really make a difference! We also:
- Recognise that good leadership development takes time and therefore needed a year long programme
- Heard from charities that one day events weren’t always helpful or impactful and they would prefer more long term support
- Wanted to create something that helped build inclusive and caring communities.
Does it really ‘make a difference’?
The simple answer is yes! In 2017, one of the charities saw an impact worth approximately £30,000. And the fellows are still engaged with them now, with one of them being appointed as a trustee. Fellows have raised over £57,000.00 for charities to date and many have been promoted to senior leadership roles within their organisations.
What’s in it for The Red Thread?
Nothing – we just believe it’s important!
How do I contact The Red Thread Partnership?
You can complete out a contact form or give us a call on our ‘Contact Us’ page.